Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sparkling M.I.A Year-End Concert at Potato Head Club Bali

Sparkling M.I.A Year-End Concert at Potato Head Club Bali:

Sparkling up the turn of the year celebrations, the renowned international artist Mathangi ‘Maya’ Arulpragasam or popularly known as M.I.A is set to stage a four hours show on 29 December 2012, at the Potato Head Club Seminyak, Bali.

M.I.A will present her colorful music by combining various styles and genres of music: from reggae, blues, alternative rock, hip hop, rap ballads, and Asian Folk. A line up of Indonesia’s own top DJ will add to the highlights of the show.

Since building her career in 2004, the multitalented artist (singer, songwriter, painter, and movie director) is known as the only artist who has successfully collected an Academy Award, Grammy Award, Brit Award, Mercury Prize, and Alternative Turner Prize. M.I.A is also the first Asian-descent artist to be nominated and win an Academy Award and a Grammy Award.

In the international scene, M.I.A has made many achievements that launched her name to popularity. In 2005 and 2008, M.I.A was awarded Artist of the Year by Spin and URB. In 2009, she was named one of the most influential artists in 2000 in the ‘Best of the decade’ list by Rolling Stone. In January 2010, Esquire magazine put M.I.A in the ’75 Most Influential People in the 21st Century’. In the same month, Time Magazine also listed her as one of the World's 100 Most Influential People.

No comments:

Post a Comment